why do we need Optimal Thyroid Wellness?
Optimal Thyroid Wellness is a dietary supplement to support thyroid function and health and is a vegetarian blend of Tyrosine with herbal extracts, vitamins, and minerals, not found in other supplements, and includes patented ForsLean® Coleus forskohlii to support the maintenance and proper function of a healthy thyroid.*
Optimal Thyroid Wellness supports:
- Appetite and weight management
- Production of thyroid hormones T3 (Triiodothyronine) and T4 (Thyroxine)
Appetite and Weight Management:
- Chromium helps regulate blood sugar levels, helps the body stay in a fat burning mode, helps control appetite and cravings, supports weight management and helps to preserve lean tissue.
- ForsLean® Coleus forskohlii supports lean body mass through ergo-genic activity. It stimulates AMP (adenosine monophosphate), which then stimulates metabolism for greater fat burning.
- Folic Acid is needed for the manufacture of red blood cells. Fatigue is associated with Folic acid deficiency.
- Tyrosine supports mood as it is required for the production of dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine which are responsible for regulating mood. It also helps to reduce appetite.
- Bacopa monnieri is an Ayurvedic herb that has been used to increase focus and concentration.
Thyroid gland and hormone production:
- B Vitamins such as B2 is needed for metabolism and thyroid function. A lack of B2 can contribute to low thyroid function. Vitamin B6 helps to regulate the production of thyroid hormones. It also supports the utilization of iodine required for the production of hormones.
- Bacopa monnieri has been shown to support the thyroid’s production of T4.
- Copper plays an important role in thyroid metabolism, especially in hormone production and absorption.
- ForsLean® brand Coleus forskohlii is a perennial plant from the mint It contains an active compound called forskolin, which has been shown to mimic the effect of TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) with regard to iodine uptake.
- Guggelsterones (extracts from the Indian herb Commiphora) have been shown to support the concentration of thyroid hormones in the blood especially the ratio of the active T3 to T4 in the blood.
- Iodine is required for the production of thyroid hormones. It is a component of the thyroid hormones T3 (triiodothyronine) and T4 (thyroxin), and is therefore essential for normal thyroid function.
- Manganese deficiency can reduce thyroid activity. Manganese is required for T4 production.
- Selenium is required for thyroid hormone production, activation and It is an essential component of an enzyme that converts T4 to T3.
- Tyrosine is required for the synthesis of thyroid hormones. A deficiency has been associated with low thyroid function.
- Zinc is involved in the process that converts inactive T4 into active
Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Amount Per Serving
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin 5-Phosphate)||5 mg|
|Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxal 5-Phosphate)||25 mg|
|Folate (as [6S]-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid from 800 mcg of Quatrefolic® [6S]-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid, glucosamine salt)||400 mcg|
|Iodine (as K Iodide)||225 mcg|
|Zinc (Zn Glycinate)||10 mg|
|Selenium (Selenomethionine)||50 mcg|
|Copper (Cu Glycinate)||500 mcg|
|Manganese (Mn Glycinate)||5 mg|
|Chromium (as Cr Polynicotinate)†||50 mcg|
|Bacopa monnieri Extract||200 mg|
|yielding Bacosides||40 mg|
|Commiphora mukul Extract||100 mg|
|yielding Guggulsterones||2.5 mg|
|Coleus forskohlii (ForsLean® Brand) Extract||100 mg|
|yielding Forskolin||10 mg|
Other ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, vegetarian leucine.
†ChromeMate® brand niacin-bound chromium.
Suggested use: As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules with food, twice daily until results occur, then take 2 capsules daily with food, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Quatrefolic® is a registered trademark of Gnosis S.p.A. U.S. Patent No. 7,947,662. ForsLean® is a Registered Trademark and Patented Product of Sabinsa Corporation, U.S. Patent # 5,804,596. ChromeMate® is a registered trademark of InterHealth N.I.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.